Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cloud Nine

Actually, more like Cloud Five Hundred Eighty Nine. That's where I am right now. I've checked in and unpacked my bags, I'm going to stay here for a while. Tonight was big.

It takes a typical child around 7 months to learn to push themselves up from lying to sitting. Taylor has been working towards this accomplishment for the past 4 years, 5 months, 1 week and 7 days. Tonight she nailed it. What I'm feeling is so far beyond proud that I don't think there's a word appropriate enough.


I laid Taylor down on the floor tonight while I got her pajamas and when I turned back around she was sitting. I could hardly believe my eyes. I might have screamed. Then I laid her back down and she did it again. I definitely screamed, hollered, and cheered so loud that Marissa said it hurt her ears. Taylor was beaming with pride over what she just did. I grabbed my phone and that's when I captured this video.

I'm just bursting with love and pride here as I write. I cried for about half an hour straight. The happiest tears I've ever shed.

2 comments:

  1. This is truly a most happy, proud, exciting, awesome, inspiring, love filled day. Way to go our Supergirl!! We love you to bits, xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! How awesome for Taylor, and your whole fam!! I know the joy you are feeling too, my son did the EXACT same thing by himself yesterday for the first time, after I put him to bed!! I wonder if there was something in the air!??! I might bump into you up here on cloud 9 :D masonjosias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...