Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sigh of Relief...

It's a good week! Lana started yesterday as Taylor's Developmental Aide. Two hours every weekday, I'm so hopeful that we're going to start seeing more progress with our beautiful Taylor. I have also started using respite as of today. Part of our contract with FSCD (Family Support for Children with Disabilities) provides funding for respite, someone to come to the house and take care of the girls so that I can have a break for four hours every week. I have been trying to figure out how to go about finding such a person. At our monthly parent support group through Neurology at Children's, one of the other moms spoke very highly of Postnatal Helpers for respite care. So I called them and today was my first 'break'. It went really well, Marissa liked the caregiver and Taylor's pretty indifferent so she was content. I had some nice downtime reading for a while at Starbucks and then did some errands. I can't believe how fast the 4 hours went!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...