Friday, August 5, 2011

Fun Food Friday

So I came across this great idea on one of the blogs I follow (Meet the Dubiens) and decided it would be a fun thing to do for Marissa's supper on Friday nights! It's worth taking a few extra minutes to put something special together and her reaction is so worth it. A new little ritual that she can look forward to every week. I like that. It's only the second Friday I've done it, but between last week and today she's mentioned the 'fun supper' thing a few times.

Week 1 - Over the Rainbow

Week 2 - Under the Sea

I think having rituals, traditions, whatever you want to call them...is a good thing. Little magical moments. Moments your kids will remember and talk about. However small or simple they seem, I think rituals can bring a family together. Take an everyday activity and give it a boost, a special twist, a unique spin. I want to do more of that in our house. Inject some fun into our family life that will inevitably create great memories.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. It amazes me how you do all this, you are honestly the most incredible mother I know, I look up to you in so many ways. I can't say enough good things about you. Marissa and taylor are 2 lucky little girls to have such an amazing mommy like you. Chantel xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea, and yes, I agree, these special 'little' fun things will create long term memories to be sure. I'm sure when she's grown up she'll often talk about these "fun suppers". Well done Mommy!! xoxoxo ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...