Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Moments

There was a moment last night with Taylor that I have been replaying in my head (and on my iPhone) over and over and over. With a typical child I would have laughed in the moment and then carried on to the next one. But when you have a child with complex special needs, it is these moments, that are fewer and further between, that carry you through the in-between times. These moments are really big and exciting, like mini-celebrations, and they fill us up like fuel in a car. And you know what else fills me up? Realizing that I'm going to get to experience special moments like these forever. There are certainly trying times and heartache living with special needs, but these moments keep teaching us what life is really about.

Before you play this, make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom and pause the music so that you can hear the video.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Just beautiful! What an amazing little girl you guys have <3 brings me so much joy to know such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...