Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's 2013 everyone, and we're still here! I guess the Mayan's were wrong, thank goodness! It was a pretty low key New Year's Eve celebration at our house, but we like it that way just fine. Call it age, or having kids, whatever the reason, we're okay with it! I managed to tidy up that afternoon, it's amazing how new gifts and toys can spread themselves over the entire main floor in a couple of days. It looked like a bomb had gone off in my living room. I decided to set the table up all fancy in black and white, even though it was just the four of us. But it looked so pretty. And nothing like getting into the spirit and enjoying an evening like a cleaned up place and a fancy dining room.


We were unsure leading up to NYE what we were going to do for supper. We ended up deciding to order a Chinese feast, and it was delicious, even if all Marissa seemed interested in eating was the fortune cookies!

Marissa wanted to stay up til midnight to watch the ball drop on TV, so we just watched the Eastern broadcasts, and the magic happened at 10pm our time. And that was just about when she was expiring, so it was perfect timing. We made party hats and silly pipecleaner glasses. We had confetti poppers and noisemakers.


Poor Taylor had fallen asleep and when we honked the noisemakers her arms shot up in the air, eyes wide open, as if to say "holy crap what are you people trying to do to me?!!"


Since we're talking about Taylor, our little Supergirl is still on fire! For a while now she will maintain an independent sitting position for about 3 minutes. The morning of New Year's Eve she sat independently for 11 minutes. Yeah, you heard right, 11 minutes!!! I am fiercely proud of her. She loves to stand, with minimal but mandatory support at her waist. Yesterday Francis stood her up without her AFO's or shoes on, felt her relatively steady and let go. She held herself for 2 seconds. Un-freaking-believable!!! I think she's giving us a little preview of what she has in store for 2013.

On a more personal note, I've never been one for New Year's resolutions. Does anyone seriously make a resolution and keep it for a whole year? Certainly not me! But I got the best idea from my friend Janella. This past year she made 12 resolutions that she committed to over each of the 12 months. One committment a month. Bite sized. Doable in my book. So I decided to do the same. More to come on that...

1 comment:

  1. What a fab celebration - just the 4 of you - doesn't get much better than that in my book. Love u all so much, xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...