Saturday, November 6, 2010

Two Sickies :-(

So, we didn't have the FEES study yesterday. The charge nurse called the ENT clinic first thing and asked when we could re-schedule as an outpatient. We were able to get an appointment on the 18th, so we decided to go with that. It's not too long to wait, Taylor should be all cleared up by then of her terrible cold, and then we can be more certain that whatever the result is, that it wasn't hindered by her congestion.

Taylor's eyes are looking much better today so the antibiotic drops are obviously helping. They were still red all the way around yesterday, but had stopped gooping up. Today the red circles have greatly improved. She hasn't had any fevers and hasn't needed any oxygen. All good. Her stuffiness seems better, but she still has an awful cough.

Unfortunately I'm sick now too, that was just a matter of time. Spent most of today in bed while the nurse took care of all Taylor's feedings. So grateful for that. Francis and Marissa came for a little while and brought me some Tylenol cold medicine, that always helps. With Francis playing Mom at home with Marissa, I never know what kind of getup she's going to show up in! Today she arrived in sparkly gold shoes, a summer dress, and a Halloween hairband. And I'm pretty sure her hair hadn't been combed. Too funny.


I think they may say we can go home tomorrow, but we'll see. I want to go home so badly, but I also want to feel comfortable with it. Taylor's had a couple decent days through this hospitalization, then something new creeps up. I'd hate to get home and have something else happen.

Pretty uneventful day really, other than a blowout of mass proportions this evening. It went all the way up her back and into her hair. OMG! The nurse put her right into the tub, while I changed her bedding. I actually threw out the sleeper!!!

Marissa brought a stuffed turtle from home for me (so sweet), I put it in Taylor's crib and she spent quite some time checking it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...