Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Tiny Hole...So Much Grief

We keep Taylor's tube coiled with tape and pin it to the shoulder of her clothes so that she can't get ahold of it and pull it out.

I went to change her diaper tonight and get her in her jammies before her last feed was hooked up. When I went to pin the tape to her sleeper, I missed by a millimetre and poked a hole in the tube. Right away liquid was coming out. DAMMIT.

We have to pull it out and put in a new tube. Fabulous. We have to traumatize Taylor before bed in the middle of the week. It's bad enough that we have to change it every weekend, but to have to subject her to another tube change mid week is just plain awful.

I'm so mad at myself, and I feel terrible for Taylor. Mommy is so sorry. This one was particularly awful. She was upset for such a long time after, seizing and sobbing. Breaking my heart.

This is what my sweet angel has to go through everytime. Torture. I hate what this NG tube has done to my baby. It's not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...