Monday, May 23, 2011

Gardening Angel

Today was kinda dull and drizzly, a PJ day around here. But the rest of the weekend was so much nicer than the original forecast of rain, rain, and oh...more rain. May Long Weekend has a history of not-so-sunny-weather in Calgary but we did see sunshine this year and had lots of time outside!


Taylor enjoyed some fresh air and a snooze in her highchair under the beach umbrella. Marissa had fun chasing bubbles, chasing Koko, and playing in the yard.

Taylor looking as precious as only she can

I wish I could bottle up some of Marissa's energy and use it for myself!!

A green thumb I am not. But I do love having flowers planted for the summer. It just brightens up the yard and makes it look so pretty. I have to admit that I hate the planting part, and it's all I can manage just to remember to water. If I'm being real here, I just don't like getting dirty. But Mom does. Yesterday was what is affectionately (or sarcastically?!) known as the Annual Planting for the Princess. Yep, she did the dirty work for me. And I am so very grateful. Honestly, everything she does for me, for us, for the girls, and this too...seriously, she is amazing. Thank you Mom! xoxoxo


I saw this idea on another blog I was reading this week and just had to steal it! I have Marissa's outgrown rain boots that were painted by Grandma Marny. Now I know why I couldn't throw them out, they have another purpose! Flower pots, the cutest flower pots you've ever seen...


I've got a bunch of stuff to catch up on but it will have to wait until the next post, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Your yard looks beautiful and those potting boots are awesome! The girls are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! I know how lovely it is to look out the window and see pretty colourful flowers in summer - if it puts a smile on your face, then I'm happy. And besides, it's a prettier backyard for Taylor to sit in and Marissa to play in. All planted and done with love for you. Mom/Granny xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...