Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

When did you go to your first school dance? I remember having a 'sock-hop' as they called it, when I was in Grade 6 but everyone just stood around, I don't think a single one of us danced. Junior High was the first real one that I remember where there was a DJ and everyone dancing. Apparently today you attend your first dance in Kindergarten! Marissa's school is Kindergarten through Grade 4. I'm talkin' DJ, loud dance music, dark gym, kids dancing...the real deal. Not my kid. Marissa stood there, surrounded by dancing kids, totally frozen! It took a long time before she warmed up, then when they played our favourite dance song "Hello", I saw her start to bust a groove. My girl can be pretty shy sometimes. But she got into it near the end though, and when it was over, she didn't want to go. We dressed Taylor in an old costume of Marissa's, she looked pretty cute. Marissa had blue lips to match her Dorothy dress from the blue candy ring she had! Oh and there was face painting, always a favourite of Marissa's. Although I'm not quite sure what the red and gold things beside her eyes were meant to be, but she was happy!


Last night was our regular Sunday Dinner at Mom's, and she went all out with a Spooktacular event! The table was all decorated with skulls and bones and eyeballs and spiders. Marissa and Mady had orange Halloween cups with twisty straws that screamed when they drank...seriously! And the skeleton you see hanging from Mom's chandelier in the first picture, she put red Swarovski crystals in the eye sockets! Wouldn't you?!


The girls got treat baskets, and Taylor got a new soother strap...Halloween style! Thank you Mom, you are awesome!


Marissa's school has orange and black day on Halloween. She doesn't have anything orange in her closet. So I bought this fun t-shirt making kit at Michaels, took one of her plain white t-shirts and created something 'orange-and-black'. I made Taylor one too. In true Tasha form, I was up late last night getting it ready for Marissa to wear to school this morning. I'm really good at leaving things to the last minute!


And here's my two Halloween girls all dressed up for the occasion...


If you asked me, I'd say Taylor knew that today was different. The whole 'dressing up' thing. Turning the lights off, lighting candles, kids coming to the door. I got so many smiles from her today and tonight when I was taking pictures. I felt like the paparazzi, she kept smiling so I kept clicking! Check out this array of smiles caught on film today, and this is just some of them...


I made a fun supper tonight, we had Mummy Dogs! Hot dogs wrapped in Pillsbury crescent rolls, mustard eyes, served with a side of blood! I wasn't expecting much, but they were actually pretty tasty! Marissa picked all the pastry off hers and just ate the hot dog by itself. To each their own!


Here's some of my Halloween decor. Marissa and I made the haunted trees one afternoon and she made the Oreo turkey at Sparks. My milk jug ghosts were by the front door to greet the trick-or-treaters...


We had a family of four jack-o-lanterns lining the front steps...


Marissa met up with her cousin Mady to go trick-or-treating and when they got back their poor cheeks were frozen! Nothing some hot cocoa with marshmallows couldn't fix though...


Happy Halloween to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...