Sunday, October 9, 2011

T.H.R.E.E.

Yes, it's true! Taylor is THREE years old today!!!! I can hardly believe it. She's not a baby anymore! We had Thanksgiving Dinner last night with Francis' family. His parents spent the night, so they got to have special cuddles with their granddaughter on her very birthday. We had a nice quiet day at home. I enjoyed a nice visit with my friend Carol who dropped in to see the birthday girl, what a lovely surprise.


I made a special cake to celebrate Taylor's birthday, even though she can't actually eat any of it. I found the Supergirl/Superman logo on the internet, enlarged it the right amount and printed it. Then I cut around the edges and cut out the bits on the inside around the S, placed it on top of the iced cake and traced it with a toothpick. Then I piped over the lines with icing and filled it all in. I had so much fun making this and was thrilled with how well it turned out!


We went to Mom's tonight for turkey/birthday celebration dinner. I made a special party hat for Taylor that looked really cute but it left hot pink fluff all over the place! Mom had a birthday banner, balloons and even a birthday badge for Taylor to wear.

Taylor had a great day today! She got cuddles with Oma & Papi in the morning, enjoyed her most favourite floortime freedom in the playroom, had a great nap, followed by a celebration at Granny's. What's not to love about all that! While Taylor was napping Marissa made her a very special birthday present. We picked out a pretty crystal frame and I cut out a piece of paper to fit in the opening. Then Marissa drew a picture of her and Taylor, complete with a sun, blue sky and green grass. We put it in the frame, and Marissa wrapped it up and made a card too. I just love it, so very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...