Monday, January 18, 2010

Another EEG


Taylor's follow up EEG was booked for today to compare it to the last one prior to her starting the prednisolone. Since we are still in hospital they did it as an inpatient. Her seizures have only slightly decreased since she's been on the prednisolone, so it will be interesting to see what the results of the EEG indicate.

The number of seizures Taylor has in a day is between two and three hundred. Yes, hundred. They mostly present as split second jumps resembling a startle response. She's also having some new ones more recently that are eye flutters, some blank stares, and some head drops. They vary in intensity and frequency. One night I sat and watched her and made tick marks in my book, over a 4 hour span I saw 29 seizures. Another night I counted 40 seizures in just half an hour. I've never sat and counted the number over an entire day, I don't think I want to know what the actual number is, it's probably more than I think.

Whatever the number, it's way too high, and we desperately need to get control of them. I just wish there was a magic pill to make them all go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...