Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Patty Cake, Patty Cake...

...bakers man, bake me a cake, as fast as you can!

It was my all-time favourite childhood gift...the Easy Bake oven. Marissa pulled hers out yesterday and wanted to bake. Of course I indulged her. Got her suited up in her chef's hat and apron. A girl's got to be properly outfitted for the occasion. So we mixed and poured and cooked, all by the magic of one little lightbulb.





I must say from my perspective the Easy Bake oven is a bit of a let down. It's so not what it used to be! I remember mine vividly, and it made perfect little quality cakes. Today's Easy Bake oven isn't up to par. The edges burned, the batter overflowed while cooking, the insides weren't quite done, and it sunk in the middle when we took it out.




At the end of the day though, Mommy's disappointment just doesn't matter, and I certainly didn't let on to Marissa that her cake wasn't anything but fabulous. Because to her it was. Fabulous. And she wanted to cover it up and save it as a surprise for when Daddy got home.


Figured out how to make a photo b&w but keep part of it in colour!

So...the blog is evolving. I started it as a way of keeping our family and friends up to date with Taylor's journey, and to document everything that she has been through. In her two and a half years so far, she's been through a heck of a lot! But we're a family, the four of us, and I'm going to write about us. It's more than Taylor's Journey now, it's our journey together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...