Thursday, March 31, 2011

Short but Sweet

Just a few things that I'm likin' today...

Spring has sprung...and so have pastel coloured M&Ms, how can those pretty little candies not put a smile on your face?


The smell of coffee cake...fresh out of the oven...filling up my kitchen all ready for friends coming to visit in the morning.


A pretty new dish that I can already picture coloured eggs in...the ones that Marissa and I will soon make together for Easter.


This doll head was a birthday gift for Marissa from her little friend Matthew next door. She has been 'making' her hair faithfully every day since she got it and has such an intent look about her while she does it, like she's deep in concentration perfecting just the right look. Marissa is all about doing her own hair, and it usually involves several barrettes, a ponytail or two, and maybe even a hairband. And dolls are her thing...so a doll head full of hair just begging to be 'done'...well, it just doesn't get any better than that!


This face...I can't get enough of it. Enough said!


The excitement in Marissa's voice when I told her Liam is coming to play tomorrow. I told her he was coming in the morning, after breakfast. A few minutes later she says..."Mommy, I just want to have a quick breakfast tomorrow"...as though she wants to get it out of the way as fast as possible cause she thinks the doorbell will ring as soon as she puts her spoon down. Gotta love that kind of excitement.

That's it, goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...