Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Steps...

Gearing up to see the surgeon tomorrow, and hopin' that we leave there with our g-tube surgery date!!

Shar called me from upstairs with a photo op as she was getting ready to bath Taylor this morning. I ran up and she was in the bathroom on the toilet. Of course it's not in the realm of possibilities right now, but when Shar took her diaper off to put her in the tub, it was dry. She thought what the heck, lets put her on the potty seat and see if we fluke out on timing. No such luck, she peed as soon as she got in the tub! Even though potty training isn't realistic, she sure looked cute sittin' there!


Still offering Taylor a bottle every day, just to keep her working every day at oral feeds. We're up to about 60mL a day by bottle now. And that's not a quick chug-a-lug...it takes some time. Today I made her some 'tastes' from the list of options the dietician sent me. I cooked some carrots nice and soft, mashed them up real good, then added a huge glob of butter to make it the perfect ratio for her ketogenic diet. I snuck a taste myself and it was rather tasty, too bad we couldn't eat that much butter with our carrots! Anyways, she ate about a teaspoon of it! It took about half an hour of one wee speck at a time, but she managed to eat 8 grams, which looked like about a teaspoon altogether. Baby steps!



Bitter cold and snowy out there today, staying warm and cozy inside, and enjoying the lovely tulips I bought yesterday.

Had fun at Dollarama too. Bought a whack of St. Patrick's Day goodies so we can have a fun celebration at home on the 17th. When I was checking out at the till the lady asked me why I celebrate the day? I told her because I was born in Ireland...but I think it's more about an excuse to have a fun little party at home with the girls. Now to plan some kind of tasty green supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...