Monday, December 12, 2011

13 Days 'til Christmas

Today's reveal...


An important task. The main reason I am doing this daily activity advent calendar is to teach Marissa the true spirit of Christmas, that it's not just about Santa and gifts. It's about family, spending time together, doing special things, having fun, creating traditions, and giving back. I know that one little task isn't going to make her appreciate what giving back really means but I think that creating some charitable family traditions will help nurture her sense of compassion and empathy towards others. I explained to her how fortunate we are and that there are many families out there that have trouble even putting food on the table. Perhaps a little hard for her to quite grasp that sad reality. I explained that by us donating groceries to the food bank, along with the many others who do the same, we can make a difference.


On our way back from dropping our grocery donations off I had to pull over and take a couple of pictures. It was a spectacular day, brilliant blue sky with the new fallen snow covering the branches. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...