Thursday, December 1, 2011

24 Days 'til Christmas - Let The Countdown Begin!

I made this Advent calendar a couple years ago when I found a great tutorial online. I have only ever put chocolates in it for Marissa to open up each day. But since reading my friend Jadi's family Christmas countdown last year on her blog I was inspired to adopt the special tradition with my family. We are going to celebrate the 24 days of Christmas here this year! Something special every day leading up to the big day.


24 days 'til Christmas...


I thought I'd have to remind Marissa that our advent calendar started today, but she surprised me and remembered all on her own! She was excited for me to read the little note inside and to find out that she got to decorate her very own tree in the playroom. How exciting! I set up the tree and put the lights on, and then she took over, did it completely on her own, finding the perfect spot for each ornament. And she was very serious about the placement of the angel on top, she oh-so-carefully spread out the angel's skirt.




Taylor was rolling around happily on the floor while the decorator was hard at work. She rolled onto her tummy and smiled in Marissa's direction. I think she liked watching her big sister make a pretty tree! I like that I managed to capture that special moment...


Marissa was very proud of her work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...