Saturday, December 3, 2011

22 Days 'til Christmas!

Today's activity from the advent calendar was to make Christmas cards!


If you know me, you know I love to make cards. So today's task was a real lesson in patience for me, to give up control and let Marissa do her thing. Thumbprint reindeer cards was the plan, and I was determined to let Marissa do them all on her own. Once I had the cards cut, folded and ready to decorate, I handed over the reigns! I must admit I had to remind myself at times..."she is five, this is cute". She plugged through 80 cards...YES, 80...and when it came time to do the antlers, she was outta steam. She decided to finish them off tomorrow. I must say, they are pretty cute, and I'm glad I didn't take over. My girl is pretty independent, she loves to say that she did something all by herself!



160 thumbprints, 80 noses, 80 eyes, 80 tails, 320 legs, 6 pairs of antlers so far.
The pride on Marissa's face for her first few completed cards...priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...